1) I have a Surface pro 4 with the following configurations:
  1. Processor: Intel i7-6650U CPU2.20GHz
  2. 64 bit Windows 10 Operating System
  3. Surface Dock Station
  4. SD card: 200GB from Scandisk
2) Problems
  1. I perform Windows System Update every day;
  2. I put my docking at office and direct use the surface at home;
  3. Every morning / time I newly switch on and connect to the docking, my D drive – SD card will be disappeared after 3- 5 seconds;
  4. When I reboot one more time, it will resume back stably untill I switch on the Surface!
  5. Therefore, I need to boot my surface twice every time in order to have both drives available (c drive and d drive).
Have anyone got the same issuse? Any advise about how to to fix it?

Thank you very much.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @Bryan123 and welcome.

(The "HowTo" prefix is removed, as it is reserved for proven tutorials, not for questions or problems.)

What happens when you attempt to type "D:\" into File Explorer after only one bootup? Does the D drive show up or allow access?

jabbasoft

Hello, @Bryan123 and welcome.

(The "HowTo" prefix is removed, as it is for proven tutorials, not for questions or problems.)

What happens when you attempt to type "D:\" into File Explorer after only one bootup? Does the D drive show up or allow access?

I tend to mount the SD drive as a folder under C:, not sure if that would alleviate the need to double-boot for you? (Computer Management / Disk Management / pick the SD device / Change Drive Letter / pick a mount folder not a drive letter)