What's new

sd card format

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Settings, Update & Security, Backup, File History backup requires exFAT. My 128GB card has worked fine with NTFS, but not as a backup.

Currently I have a 512GB SD, exFAT, with Windows 10 backup, and also personal folders.

exFAT.png

OP
C

Carolv

Windows 10 Settings, Update & Security, Backup, File History backup requires exFAT. My 128GB card has worked fine with NTFS, but not as a backup.

Currently I have a 512GB SD, exFAT, with Windows 10 backup, and also personal folders.

Thanks. Which one do you leave in, the FAT32? I originally formatted mine to NTFS because I read somewhere that in order to have OneDrive moved to the SD card that it would have to be formatted to NTFS. But I guess for now OneDrive cannot be moved.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You probably read that the largest currently available microSD card is 200GB. (November 2015)

tundrwd

I might also add, adding 2 partitions (one exFAT, and one NTFS), so you can make FileHistory backups on the one, and use the other doesn't work. Apparently, only the first partition is "seen" on the SP4 - no matter what the formatting.