What's new

SD card only goes in half way

jimsparkman

Darn, looks like there's no JetDrive Lite 512 GB card yet!

No, not that will adequately fit the Surface Book, anyway. I've been thinking I should post a request on Transcend's website asking it they'll make a JetDrive in 256GB and 512GB specifically for the Surface Book. They would probably consider it, given I think they are selling pretty well now. Na Microsoft is not likely to give up on the platform any time soon.

jimsparkman

did anyone try the hyperdrive adapter for the MacBook yet? if so, which size?

HyperDrive MacBook Pro Storage Expander (15" MacBook Pro Retina) | GeekWire Deals

My guess is that it will not fit as well, or may not insert far enough to work, as the Transcend JetDrive Lite 130. Of the JetDrive Lite series, the 130 works and fits the best and it was made for the original MacBook Air. The MacBook 15 takes a different physical size JetDrive, so my assumption is that the HyperDrive made for the MacBook 15 will not work in the Surface Book.

Chrille

I have the Jet Drive 130 installed and it works nicely, but sometimes the drive makes it difficult to get the Book out of a tight sleeve.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This adapter works very well with my Surface Book. Sticks out just enough to use a fingernail when removing.

http://www.amazon.com/BASEQI-alumin..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1J649S76YWZZR9XW1FB2

This is the larger of the two adapters available from BASEQI

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd3.jpg

sd4.jpg

ncameron

I hate anything sticking out; so I bought a Transcend JetDrive Lite 360 256 GB Storage Expansion Card (designed for the Mac Airbook) and snipped of the excess retainer plastic for a totally internal card. I need a Swiss Army penknife to get it out, but I don't care - I leave it in all the time anyway.
61neOuGe6TL__SL1500_.jpg
image1.JPG
image2.JPG

mcsenerd

I hate anything sticking out; so I bought a Transcend JetDrive Lite 360 256 GB Storage Expansion Card (designed for the Mac Airbook) and snipped of the excess retainer plastic for a totally internal card. I need a Swiss Army penknife to get it out, but I don't care - I leave it in all the time anyway.

That's exactly what I did with the 128GB version...

JBCF

Got a kick out of that Seneleron! Picturing myself walking through a night market in Malaysia or Indonesia where I live most of the year with a see through pocket on the outside of my bag and my iPad glowing through it... I'd have scooter-riding bag-snatchers lined up for blocks behind me!
:(