What's new

SD Card randomly disconnecting...

J515OP

Super Moderator
This has come up before in other threads. I believe the problem may be with the hardware and require a return.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

This has come up before in other threads. I believe the problem may be with the hardware and require a return.

You mean the SP is bad or the SD card? I doubt there are that many bad SD cards if it is getting lots of buzz. Feels to me more like a software bug since it reconnects after i reseat it.

ArnoldC

You mean the SP is bad or the SD card? I doubt there are that many bad SD cards if it is getting lots of buzz. Feels to me more like a software bug since it reconnects after i reseat it.

Some reported bad SD cards, a few returned the Surface due to bad spring load mechanism.

ZachBui

I had the same problem as well, and it was very stressful to deal with. For me what I had to do, was do a repair of the sd card itself. After it was successful, I had no problems with it since. Not sure if it will work in your case though.

ghost74

I had the same problem for the first couple weeks. However for the last couple of weeks it has worked fine. Not sure if I'm just getting lucky or the contacts/mechanism have "worn in".

Omni

I had this turned out to be the SD card. Looked fine but didn't stay connected. Luckily it was only a Samsung 8gb one.

SJL

Is there a spring loaded mechanism when you push in the card? Mine seems to go in then just stop, it doesn't 'click in'. It's recognised and I can access it, but after a while the card just goes offline.

Nicholas Fox

Is anyone else having issues with their SD Card randomly disconnecting and having to be reseated?
I think i’m kind of late with this post, but I have the same problem on my new Lenovo Miix 310. Sd may disconnect when reading it (for exaple listening to music) or writing (installing something). It reconnects if i restart windows ORdisconnect and then connect the keyboard (miix is a transformer) what is strange, because SD slot is in the actual tablet. I think that it’s windows’s problem and when i reconnect kb/restart it kind of refrshes device list and reconnects the SD but i still dont know gow to fix this pls help