What's new

SD Cards

Heavy Metal

Was wondering can the surface upto surface pro 2 take sdxc and upto 128gb one or has anyone tried to see if the new 128gb sdxc card works

TunaSurface

What kind of SD cards can I put into the surface?
I had one sd card that fit the port but it got stuck there..
I got it out but I'd really appreciate your tips and links.

kundas1

there is only ONE TYPE of micro SD card, but many different BRANDS of mSD cards... perhaps you just didn't insert the card properly (slightly crooked) and it almost got stuck... therefore you can put whatever card you can get the cheapest but make sure it is CLASS 10X card for BETTER SPEEDS.

kundas1

Dude, there's been many posts saying those cards work and jnjroach JUST SAID ALSO UPTOP, all you have to do is look a bit :wink:

CrippsCorner

there is only ONE TYPE of micro SD card, but many different BRANDS of mSD cards... perhaps you just didn't insert the card properly (slightly crooked) and it almost got stuck... therefore you can put whatever card you can get the cheapest but make sure it is CLASS 10X card for BETTER SPEEDS.

Yes and no because the Sandisk ones seem to be the only ones with problems... I have one and it's been fine actually, but Samsung and there's one other make I think, seem to be better.

Richard W.

If it helps someone else to make a choice, I've been using two of the SanDisk "Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10/UHS-1" cards in almost daily rotation for movie watching on my Surface RT for 6 months without a single problem. They were about $40 each at Amazon.