What's new

SDXC Card Error: Location Is Not Available; The Device is Not Ready... What?!?

ChrisPanzer

So, last night I installed a SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSD card into my SDXC slot. Did a VHD mount, and migrated all my Dropbox data to it.

As I am using it today, I seem to be getting this error over and over, at all random times:

120p0us.jpg

What the heck is this?!?

I am also noticing a significant drop in speed whilst using the SDcard, rather than the native SSD. I think I may just take the GB hit and re-migrate all my data back to the SSD, for optimal performance, and keep the SD drive as a 'trash drive' or download drive... hrrrmph.. Damnit!!!

EDIT: BTW, once I manually remove and re-insert the micro card, the problem is remedied, so it's an easy fix, but I don't want to have to keep doing this over and over.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This particular SD card seems to be notorious for problems in the Surface, lots of posts about that.

malberttoo

Indeed, there are a few cards that do not play well with the SP3. Perhaps we should get a list of known good performers and sticky it.

olimjj

So, last night I installed a SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSD card into my SDXC slot. Did a VHD mount, and migrated all my Dropbox data to it.
Am I missing something?
What computer are you referring to?
The SP3 has a micro SDXC slot
Sandisk Extreme 128gb Micro SD????????
The only Sandisk 128GB mSDSXc card I am aware of is:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter--SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A-Version/dp/B00M562LF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420602468&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk 128gb micro sd

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

Am I missing something?
What computer are you referring to?
The SP3 has a micro SDXC slot
Sandisk Extreme 128gb Micro SD????????
The only Sandisk 128GB mSDSXc card I am aware of is:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter--SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A-Version/dp/B00M562LF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420602468&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk 128gb micro sd
You sure used a lot of question marks there, but I still have no idea what your question was... Does anyone else?

Pretty much everything u said is what I said, and yes, thats the microSD 128GB card I have that 'isntplaying nice' with my Sp3.

olimjj

You sure used a lot of question marks there, but I still have no idea what your question was... Does anyone else?

Pretty much everything u said is what I said, and yes, thats the microSD 128GB card I have that 'isntplaying nice' with my Sp3.
The model that I referred to is an "Ultra" not an "Extreme"
Can you provide a link to the Extreme card?
The SP3 does not have a SDXC slot it has a Micro SDXC (mSDXC) slot, hence my confusion.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

The model that I referred to is an "Ultra" not an "Extreme"
Can you provide a link to the Extreme card?
The SP3 does not have a SDXC slot it has a Micro SDXC (mSDXC) slot, hence my confusion.
Maybe I messed up with the naming, sorry. Whatever the Sp3 SD card drive slot is called, and I have a sandisk microSD 128GB extreme class 10 card, that is giving me these issues...