What's new

Seasons Greetings from the Uk

FoxForce5

Hi. Just ordered Surface 2 64gb 4g LTE direct from MS UK Store for £339. They are also offering Type Cover 2 (in charcoal or magenta) for £69.99 if anyone interested.
Been looking at this forum for a while. Lots of useful help & advice given out that I will utilise.
Cannot wait for my Surface 2 to arrive. I'm 45 years old but feel like a kid waiting for Santa.

No current PC or Laptop but will purchase one in next 6 months.

Mobile - Nokia Lumia 830

kundas1

NICE! didn't know they made an LTE version! just hope you did your homework and know that it isn't full windows version but RT which IMHO is like 90% full windows... welcome aboard and definitely you will have fun with your new device!

EDIT: also be sure to check out some video's on Youtube made by Sean Ong.. it will blow your mind at what the RT is capable of doing...

OP
FoxForce5

FoxForce5

NICE! didn't know they made an LTE version! just hope you did your homework and know that it isn't full windows version but RT which IMHO is like 90% full windows... welcome aboard and definitely you will have fun with your new device!

EDIT: also be sure to check out some video's on Youtube made by Sean Ong.. it will blow your mind at what the RT is capable of doing...

Thanks...Yeah I did my homework before taking the plunge. I need to be able to use Word & PowerPoint and here in the UK it would cost me approx £100 to buy MS Office outright or £60 pa for 365. Haven't had a PC or laptop for 10 years so I don't miss any legacy software.
I would like to buy a desktop or laptop within the next 6 months but I felt this offer was too good to refuse.
By the way you're right about those Sean Ong videos...TBH they where what convinced me the Surface 2 was the right choice for me.
Thanks for the reply.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome, and Seasoned [sic] Greetings :D
The Surface 2 is pretty sweet, I still use mine as much as the SP3... which leaves very little time anymore for those other devices. :)

OP
FoxForce5

FoxForce5

Welcome, and Seasoned [sic] Greetings :D
The Surface 2 is pretty sweet, I still use mine as much as the SP3... which leaves very little time anymore for those other devices. :)

Thanks...If I'm being honest with myself I would ideally buy SP3 with at least i5 256gb specs' but just don't have the money. With a young family and having moved house within past 12 months realistically would not be able to save up so still think this is next best option.
Did also consider Asus tranformer T100 (32gb) currently available for £249.99 but build quality not in same league as Surface 2.

kundas1

bah! just sell one of the kids, you should get a pretty penny and then you can buy the I7 512 version LOL :p J/K but seriously the S2 is a great device and I still use mine with my SP3 when ever I can wrestle it away from my GF. LOL

OP
FoxForce5

FoxForce5

bah! just sell one of the kids, you should get a pretty penny and then you can buy the I7 512 version LOL :p J/K but seriously the S2 is a great device and I still use mine with my SP3 when ever I can wrestle it away from my GF. LOL

Haha!!! tried on ebay but didn't meet the min asking price of 99p LOL...I hear you brother concerning your GF. I...notice the word I...bought 64gb iPad a few years ago but between wife & kids I never get to use it, although strangely enough I still get to pay for apps etc. I hope same thing doesn't happen to my Surface 2