What's new

Second Wireless XBox Controller Not Connecting

lois011690

So I have the Surface Pro and we recently bought two wireless Xbox controllers; with the wireless receiver the first controller connects perfectly fine but we haven't been able to figure out how to connect the second one. Is this something the Surface Pro can't do? Or am I just doing it wrong? As far as I know the second controller should be able to connect but it isn't. Thanks for any help.

OP
L

lois011690

Tried it -- one problem:
When I am given a list of device drivers (step 6), there are two model versions, 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009] and 6.2.9200.16384 [7/25/2012], both which do not fix the problem.

:/??

oion

Sorry that there may not be help for you here (these boards can be quiet--I expect there will be a lot more users later in the month with MS's announcement, though).

You might try Microsoft's official community support resource: Microsoft Community

OP
L

lois011690

Thanks! I ended up taking it to a Microsoft store yesterday; the guy jiggled the wireless button in the back of the 2nd controller and said it was stuck.

*facepalm*

Works fine now :d

slvrdrgn123

Thanks! I ended up taking it to a Microsoft store yesterday; the guy jiggled the wireless button in the back of the 2nd controller and said it was stuck.

*facepalm*

Works fine now :d
I work in IT. Small stuff like this happens so often and the customer always feel ridiculous when we show them the problem. It's really not their fault though.