What's new

Seems That Power Cover Battery Level Drops Very Fast?

Sir Face

I'm noticing that when I start using my SP2 with its Power Cover (both @ 100% charge), that the Power Cover's battery level starts dropping like a rock for whatever reason. Within a couple of hours of just web surfacing or other un-demanding use, its level goes down to 50% or lower. I'm wondering if the metering of these levels (BatteryBar Pro), reads somewhat disproportionately? Overall, I'm probably getting about 9-12 hours of use from both. Is anyone else noticing this issue?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Power Cover usually gives me 3.5 hours of extra battery life under normal working conditions. I've seen reports Battery Bar actually lowers your overall battery life. Also remember how the Power Cover Works, it isn't acting as a second battery it is acting as Mains keeping the primary battery at 100% until the cover is out of power.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Power Cover usually gives me 3.5 hours of extra battery life under normal working conditions. I've seen reports Battery Bar actually lowers your overall battery life. Also remember how the Power Cover Works, it isn't acting as a second battery it is acting as Mains keeping the primary battery at 100% until the cover is out of power.

+1 on jnjroach

Same experience here. Power Cover keeps my Surface Pro 2 at 100% for 3+ hours under typical use. Then the Power Cover is drained, and works like a Type Cover 2, albeit heavier and stiffer.

Power Cover has been a good purchase for me.

TeknoBlast

I also get about 3 hours with the power cover and been very happy with it. But still dont like the recharging process, keeping the Surface on or in sleep mode. Oh well.