What's new

Shipping - Killin' me!

A rather useless thread I know but for the life of me, I can't figure out why a company like MS wouldn't just ship their SP3's as they are made. Obviously they have their factories up and running, they made all the demo units that are floating around and at the stores, I'm assuming they have a fairly decent sized stockpile of them just waiting to go out. At this point, they wouldn't have enough time to keep them all unpackaged waiting for a last minute update. To get shipped out and in hand by next Friday, the 20th, they'd have to have a good portion of them already finished and sitting there waiting to go out the door.

Oh, patience, my my virtue. Come hither my i5/256 w/red keyboard......

MickeyLittle

I understand and would love an early shipment as well but they do have to have some start date of some type. There has to be a beginning announced. I just love the phrase ships by 6/20 because that leaves the door open for them to ship before the 20th. Apple sticks to their date come hell or high water even though there have been a hand full of devices that have slipped through the cracks and made it out for early deliveries over the years; those were mistakes!

OP
L

liftbikerun

I sold my SP2 to get this, so it's even worse, it's my only "laptop" computer, I have a couple desktops but they are work related and not convenient. So I'm killing myself with my android tablet and phone trying to get by till the SP3 gets here!

MickeyLittle

I sold my SP2 to get this, so it's even worse, it's my only "laptop" computer, I have a couple desktops but they are work related and not convenient. So I'm killing myself with my android tablet and phone trying to get by till the SP3 gets here!

It will be worth it...:big smile: Hopefully we will start hearing about credit cards getting charged and people getting tracking numbers!

OP
L

liftbikerun

Argh! lol.

fedex-y-u-no-bring-me-package.jpg

8e6639863b6542da7d7c1b4dd364c47f2950bdec3be19a787922dd69aff355d5.jpg

bradhaak

It is very likely that the release date is driven by the software, not the hardware.

Any bets on whether or not there will be a massive update to download as soon as you turn it on? The hardware has to be locked down long before the software is finished.

jakebake

Yeah I had a yoga 2 pro I bought right before finding out about the surface pro 3 and I just sold it so no laptop till it arrives. Do you guys think it will arrive on the 20th or ship then? Not sure if i want to cancel online preorder and go preorder at the store

fonzman78

I sold my SPro2 today but informed the buyer that I will deliver next week. So, I'm not left Surfaceless. :) I also doubled down on the pre-order at MS Store and Best Buy. I will definitely have my SP3 on Jun 20. Not sure who I will go with. It depends on who has if first come Jun 20. Can't wait!!

unruledboy

I sold my SPro2 today but informed the buyer that I will deliver next week. So, I'm not left Surfaceless. :) I also doubled down on the pre-order at MS Store and Best Buy. I will definitely have my SP3 on Jun 20. Not sure who I will go with. It depends on who has if first come Jun 20. Can't wait!!

what if they both deliver.....