What's new

Should I get an SP3

grumpy

Hey guys, Greetings from Chile

I'll be in NY in a month or so and I'm thinking about getting my hands on a Surface Pro 3 (i5-128 or i5-256). My idea is to replace my laptop. I dont want it for gaming, maybe some PSX emulation.

I read on this forum that people are still having hardware, overheating and battery problems. Sometimes the solution is replacing the SP3 for a new one. The thing is that in Chile we don't have any MS Stores, so if there is a problem with my unit I think I'll be unable to replace it. So that scares me a lot.

Any ideas?

PS: Does anybody know if the Spanish Pro Type Cover is available in the US?

Thanks in advance.
To those who wonder if they should get an SP3, I recommend seriously looking at the SP2. The SP3's only real advantage over the SP2 is the screen size (which might actually be a disadvantage to some). The SP2 has the same CPU (i5 versions), but better cooling, so better sustained performance. Also, the SP2's screen uses thicker glass, it is cheaper, and it is a mature device with most of the bugs worked out. If you really don't need the SP3 form factor, the SP2 is really the better choice.

malberttoo

To those who wonder if they should get an SP3, I recommend seriously looking at the SP2. The SP3's only real advantage over the SP2 is the screen size (which might actually be a disadvantage to some). The SP2 has the same CPU (i5 versions), but better cooling, so better sustained performance. Also, the SP2's screen uses thicker glass, it is cheaper, and it is a mature device with most of the bugs worked out. If you really don't need the SP3 form factor, the SP2 is really the better choice.

Well that's ONE way of looking at it... on the other hand the SP3 is lighter, thinner, has a full-radius kickstand, great forward-facing speakers, and I like the pen better.

I have no sustained performance issues.

:cool:

FlySwatter

Not to mention the SP2 sells like a lead balloon and has the ergonomics of a patio block. :)
Ouch! The SP2 is not an option for some due to screen size. 12 inches and 200% font is what makes the tablet work for me. It's about a pound lighter too isn't it?

OP
Z

zuperpailon

Since it will replace my laptop, I kinda need the "extra" screen size, but thanks!