What's new

Should I Trade for a Different Typecover Color

I got S3 the Typecover from Amazon. I'm still within the period when I can trade it back in for a different one for any reason. I got the blue cover. Any opinions about the best color.....both for "cool" looks and perhaps more importantly, which color will not show dirt as badly?

lookingforward

I bought the Costco bundle with the black keyboard, Before it arrived, I was kind of wishing for a blue keyboard. But upon arrival, the black keyboard is actually pretty sexy and looks great with the backlit keys. Also, black is not a color I will get tired of.

Telstar1948

All the colors I've seen show dirt rather easily... except for the black, which I have. It's still looking good after 10 months of use.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the colors I've seen show dirt rather easily... except for the black, which I have. It's still looking good after 10 months of use.

While i will be getting something like the dark blue for my S3 purely to differentiate it from my SP3, the black keyboard doesn't show dirt and is actually really nice. Makes it look almost like a very executive notepad or something.

As to cool, well it is really completely subjective. I'm sure some people think the red cover is cool but to me it is just shouty and vulgar like a boy racer.

jace88

While i will be getting something like the dark blue for my S3 purely to differentiate it from my SP3, the black keyboard doesn't show dirt and is actually really nice. Makes it look almost like a very executive notepad or something.

As to cool, well it is really completely subjective. I'm sure some people think the red cover is cool but to me it is just shouty and vulgar like a boy racer.

Dark blue shows dirt or dust easily too - it's kind of weird seeing the white/faded areas. I got the dark blue for my S3 thinking that it wouldn't.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I realize we're from different English speaking countries, but I'm truly curious as to the reference to "boy racer." Not familiar with that one :)

little kiddy whp takes a POS old car, throws some speakers and a big exhaust on it and thinks he's king of the roads, the coolest cat in town, the next Schumacher. loo at me, look at me, look at me, i make lots of noise. They can only dream of owning a rice rocket.

in short, they think they are cool but are just an utter tw#t

malberttoo

I've had black, blue, and am currently on purple. IMHO they all show wear to some extent, in different ways. But they've all been pretty easy to clean.