What's new

Should I upgrade to win10?

Kriton

I got my surface 3 last year with win8.1 and I still run it with 8.1. I had quite a few issues at first (mostly to do with connecting external monitor / keyboard, charging and weird battery drains) but everything seems to be quite stable by now.

I've never had the opportunity to use and test win 10 on any device and I've failed to find any adequate, up-to-date comparison review between 8.1 and 10 on the surface 3.

So my question to all of you who have made the switch... is it worth the trouble ? What would I gain if I went for it? What would I lose ?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's totally subjective. From the numerous discussions, you'll find that everything one people likes, will be something another person dislikes. Your best bet is just to give it a go and make your own decision.

Personally, love it. Can't stand 8.1 on any of my surfaces. 10 blows 8.1 out of the water.

Plantje

I never had any issues wit Windows 8 . I never understood all the fuzz around it.
Still I have been in the insider program since the beginning. I love Windows 10 (Mobile). I would advise to move to Windows 10 to make sure you have the most updated software. Keep in mind that the promise has always been that the upgrade would be free the first year

kojack

I love windows 10 on my surface and my phone. Its the best OS I have used. Hands down yes, I would upgrade.