What's new

Poll Should Microsoft let us modify Surface 2 if they definiety kill it ?

If Microsoft kills Surface 2, should they let us modify it (unlock or install other OS on it) ?

• Yes definitely!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • They will not let us do that even if they kill the Surface 2.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

besian

So if we don't get Win10 and Microsoft definietly kills the Surface 2 I want something in return!
Maybe Microsoft should let us make changes to the device, unlock it to run other apps on it , or install another OS on it.
I like my Surface 2 but its a bit limited on the apps.So i would like to use another OS on it like android or linux if Microsoft kills it.

I see very lame tablets with the half or maybe less specs than the surface running Android OS so the surface can run it too.

stlbud

So if we don't get Win10 and Microsoft definietly kills the Surface 2 I want something in return!
Maybe Microsoft should let us make changes to the device, unlock it to run other apps on it , or install another OS on it.
I like my Surface 2 but its a bit limited on the apps.So i would like to use another OS on it like android or linux if Microsoft kills it.

I see very lame tablets with the half or maybe less specs than the surface running Android OS so the surface can run it too.

All I gotta say is, "Zune".

Stone_XVX

If MS unlock its bootloader for us, we can do many things on it.
Install other OS and it may be possible to port Windows 10 loT(ARM) on Surface 2.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, let me load the latest Android on it.
Curiously you can install W10 on some Android devices but NOT on a Surface 2. This is technically not a technical issue but a marketing decision. i.e. if screen is smaller than x OK otherwise NOT.