What's new

Show Windows Stacked/Side by Side

OP
Exhile

Exhile

I haven't installed some 3rd party user interface software. Are you able to "show windows stacked" or "show windows side by side" with your Surface Book?

The Windows 10 build I am running is 10.0.15063 Build 15063

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't installed some 3rd party user interface software. Are you able to "show windows stacked" or "show windows side by side" with your Surface Book?

The Windows 10 build I am running is 10.0.15063 Build 15063
Yep -
upload_2017-5-8_14-27-30.png

upload_2017-5-8_14-28-16.png

OP
Exhile

Exhile

What the hell?!?! How come the Surface Book can do it properly but my SP4 can't.....???

This is what happens when I try to "stack" or "side by side".

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 484

Plantje

I saw the same thing as you, Exhile.

For jnjroach: did you really use the taskbar options? Or just used dragging?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the same thing as you, Exhile.

For jnjroach: did you really use the taskbar options? Or just used dragging?
I've never used the taskbar method - I usually use the "hot corner" method - Taskbar works with just the Surface but with an additional monitor my results are like yours...

Plantje

I never use that method either. Just did it as a test. I don't think a lot of people use the taskbar method

OP
Exhile

Exhile

I never use that method either. Just did it as a test. I don't think a lot of people use the taskbar method
Hey, I use the taskbar method since Windows XP. The feature must be there for a reason and no one knows statistically how many people use it.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Exhile

You are correct. Even with the latest Insider Build of Windows 10, the Taskbar method to Choose windows side-by-side does not do that, but instead places the windows one above the other.

OP
Exhile

Exhile

@Exhile

You are correct. Even with the latest Insider Build of Windows 10, the Taskbar method to Choose windows side-by-side does not do that, but instead places the windows one above the other.
Well, for you Surface Book users there doesn't seem to be a problem but for us Surface 3 or Surface Pro 4 users there is. So I guess this is hardware specific to Windows 10.

Plantje

Well, for you Surface Book users there doesn't seem to be a problem but for us Surface 3 or Surface Pro 4 users there is. So I guess this is hardware specific to Windows 10.
I don't really get that... Why would this be a bigger issue for Surface 3 (Pro) and Surface Pro 4 users? I always use the cursor keys combined with the Windows key or just drag the window to the side.
The only reason for me to test the taskbar method is because you as a fellow Surface owner were having an issue :)