What's new

Sick of fingerprints!! Solution?

Since I use my surface pro 3 a lot for touch and pen writing, it acquires a ton of fingerprints that have really annoyed me. I always wipe down the screen at least once a day. So is there a screen protector that's doesn't reduce the screen clarity and is compatible with the pen (won't mess up the screen protector) that's at an affordable price. Thank you.

Also anyone with an antiglare screen protector have an problems with clarity and pen scratching the screen protector.

Thank you guys,
Please recommend me some protectors.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets see... Google keywords: Antiglare Oleophobic screen protector Surface Pro3
Shoot... Search negative, you've reached the end of the Internet. :)

OP
T

thejoker1993

I do use microfiber towel, but it gets annoying to keep cleaning the screen constantly.

GreyFox7 I asked for user suggestions because SOME screen protectors get messed up by the pen....

ctitanic

Since I use my surface pro 3 a lot for touch and pen writing, it acquires a ton of fingerprints that have really annoyed me. I always wipe down the screen at least once a day. So is there a screen protector that's doesn't reduce the screen clarity and is compatible with the pen (won't mess up the screen protector) that's at an affordable price. Thank you.

Also anyone with an antiglare screen protector have an problems with clarity and pen scratching the screen protector.

Thank you guys,
Please recommend me some protectors.
Use the pen more and use less yours finger ;):p

mohcho

1. Wash your hands more often. Natural body oils build up over time, so if you don't wash your hands often, you WILL build fingerprints on the screen faster.

2. Don't eat while using it. Common sense, but just pointing it out anyways.

3. Clean it more often. It's a touchscreen device, you are bound to build up fingerprints and smudges.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Wash your hands more often. Natural body oils build up over time, so if you don't wash your hands often, you WILL build fingerprints on the screen faster.

2. Don't eat while using it. Common sense, but just pointing it out anyways.

3. Clean it more often. It's a touchscreen device, you are bound to build up fingerprints and smudges.
Use Alcohol, Freon, or industrial degreaser to wash hands :)
note: you'll soon be able to burglarize homes without leaving fingerprints.

Last edited: