What's new

Skinomi case

OP
A

al2fast

I had the stickerboy jet black aluminium on mine (Stickerboy ? Slate Jet Black Brushed Aluminum - Microsoft Surface Pro Skins), just had to take it off as I'm shipping back my old device.

Using a hairdryer to soften the glue it came off quite easily (was sort of hoping I might be able to reuse it if I was careful but no such luck :-( so will stick with my incision feather case). Came with a couple of extra side parts so might stick those on the new one.

Quite like the look of yours though - is this the same as yours (looks a bit lighter in the pictures on Amazon: Skinomi® TechSkin - Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Screen: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

This is the one I got, brushed steel: Skinomi TechSkin - Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Brushed Steel Skin Protector

I was checking that one out too but was trying to get one closer to the color of the black type cover.

Stickerboy has some bling, gold ones! And stickers for the front!

OP
A

al2fast

Al, how was the installation? Did you have to retry aligning much?

Wasn't bad. Cleaned it up with Windex first and then just took my time lining it up. Took me 10 minutes or so. I lined it up where I was satisfied and then I started in the middle and worked my way out to avoid any air bubbles.