What's new

Skulls of the Shogun out now!!

bkammerer

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that the game is available on Win RT. In order to find it, I had to search for the newest, paid games. I could not find it under new releases. Also, for a limited time it is $9.99 instead of the normal $14.99. I know a lot of people complain about the high prices but I like having two tiers of games. This way you can still get the cheaper games like Angry Birds and higher quality games with more depth.

Sin

A search for "skulls" finds it easily. Installing now. Can't wait to give this a good play.

OP
B

bkammerer

I tried searching for "skulls" and "shogun" and nothing would come up. Maybe it had just become available when I started searching. Although, I had the same problem when I was looking for Pac-Man. I post a short review in the morning.

magicrobots

Just to be clear; this is a game you can play on the surface, windows phone , and XBox, right? If I want to do that though, I imagine I'd have to buy it on each platform? Just wondering; figured I'd only buy it once on the platform it would be best on.

Sin

Come back with your verdict ;)
Busy week, so I have only played a little but this evening, but so far I'm enjoying it. I've been waiting for this game since I bought my Windows Phone, so o had to get it. Also intrigued by the ability to continue playing where you left of on different platforms (Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Xbox 360).

Just to be clear; this is a game you can play on the surface, windows phone , and XBox, right? If I want to do that though, I imagine I'd have to buy it on each platform? Just wondering; figured I'd only buy it once on the platform it would be best on.
Correct on both accounts. Available on all three platforms and separate purchases. I've read the developers (17 Bit) wanted to sell a package, but Microsoft doesn't have a way to currently do so. The prices are discounted currently (not sure for how long) but it does add up. I have purchased all three versions and have played a bit on the surface and now playing a bit on the 360 and then to see how it work on the small screen (Windows Phone).

R0bR

I'm not much into these turn based games but I bought this after trying it out, it looks well made I think I could get into it. Maybe.

Sin

The game is well done and nice to see on the platform. So far I'm enjoying the game, but have played very little so far. I probably prefer it on the Surface with a decent size screen and touch. The Windows Phone is a similar experience, but the screen size is not as nice for the game play. This would have not been noticed if I didn't have a Surface. I have played on a full Windows 8 machine, but don't think that a mouse would be better than touch on a turn based game like this. The Xbox 360 version is also very good. Translates well to a controller and the large screen is nice. I'm going to have to try Windows Store on the Surface with the 360 controller to see if it works as well. Can never have to many options. I really like how the developer has worked across the three different platforms. It nicely done and is something that Microsoft needs to work on getting more of.

thebigpants

You can do a trial of the game @bosamar.... so why complain about the cost, lol. Anyway, it's pretty awesome and since the games landscape is still pretty sad i'd recommend it as its a high quality game! Also ilomilo, renaissance blood thd, riptide gp, gunstringer, and guns 4 hire are all pretty great!