What's new

Skydrive help

ArtfulDodger

I love my surface pro, but I have one big problem. The surface starts downloading everything on my skydrive whenever I'm connected to a network. This is gigs and gigs and I can't afford the space. My desktop also had windows 8, and I have copies of every file on there so I have no need to have them all on my surface as well. How I can I make it stop? Any help is much appreciated.

Ruffles

There are setting available within the sky drive app that allow you to specify which folders to sync. That way, you only sync the stuff you want.

OP
A

ArtfulDodger

Ok. I was having trouble finding that but I guess I'll have to dig around more. I hope it doesn't make both computers be the same.

Ruffles

I access my setting from the desktop by right clicking the little cloud icon near the clock in the system tray. It might be in a different location if your using the Metro Skydrive app.

Sin

The Metro Skydrive app doesn't sync. Only the desktop SkyDrive application supports sync. If you do not want to sync, you could just uninstall the desktop application and use the Metro app. Also a great way to have easy access to your SkyDrive is to map it as a network drive. The. You can use it like any other network drive anytime you have a WiFi connection.

OP
A

ArtfulDodger

The Metro Skydrive app doesn't sync. Only the desktop SkyDrive application supports sync. If you do not want to sync, you could just uninstall the desktop application and use the Metro app. Also a great way to have easy access to your SkyDrive is to map it as a network drive. The. You can use it like any other network drive anytime you have a WiFi connection.

Thank you. That makes it exactly how I want it. I got rid of the desktop one. Can still access everything, but don't have it all downloading onto this computer. Perfect.