What's new

SKYPE Switch between front/rear cameras?

BlueC7

Ok, SKYPE = Microsoft, Surface 3 = Microsoft

Any way easily while in call to switch between the front/rear cameras?

I feel very stupid asking this question, as there should be some icon somewhere on the screen to touch in order to do this.

Or, is expecting something logical too unreasonable? o_O

OP
B

BlueC7

Sorry - Desktop, UWP, Preview or Web?

Hmm Skype for Windows. Just doing another update. When I have a chance to make a call with something, I'll test both Windows and Preview versions. But last time I used I recollect seeing no option to switch the cameras on the call screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm Skype for Windows. Just doing another update. When I have a chance to make a call with something, I'll test both Windows and Preview versions. But last time I used I recollect seeing no option to switch the cameras on the call screen.
On the Desktop Client you can only do it under settings....UWP Skype Preview on the Insider Builds supports switching via the settings icon

OP
B

BlueC7

On the Desktop Client you can only do it under settings....UWP Skype Preview on the Insider Builds supports switching via the settings icon

Will try the UWP Preview version.

But still, even notebooks have front/rear cameras now I think. Dunno why they need to not include that function even in the desktop version, as people run that version on their notebooks as well. Anyways, thanks. will check it out.