What's new

Sleep mode does not work

Rougarou

Hi

I have had my surface for almost a year now and for the most part have been very happy with it. Recently however I have had an old issue rear its ugly head which is that the tablet will no longer enter sleep mode.

running powercfg -energy in admin CMD i get the same error i was getting after firmware updates pre christmas last year, below. Has anyone found a proper solution to this. I would have searched the forum for an answer, just in case someone says this is solved in post xyz, but the search function is broken atm it seems :)

System Availability Requests:System Required Request
The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
Requesting Driver InstanceHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0280&SUBSYS_10EC104E&REV_1000\4&2aee3be3&0&0001
Requesting Driver DeviceRealtek High Definition Audio

GoodBytes

Save all your stuff, and close them.
Open Device Manager, and uninstall the Intel integrated graphics, and Sound card (under: Sound, video and game controller). Be sure to remove all of them listed.

Restart your system. And check for update, the last firmware should show up, install it, and restart your system.

Be sure you are plugged in and your battery is fully charged before starting this entire process.

What does the above does, is re-install the drivers. It should be working.