What's new

Sleep mode is comatose mode

Artov

Well, after a number of updates the surface pro 3 going into a permanent sleep mode seemed to be happening less often. Appearances are so deceptive.

Now leaving it on battery and with the keyboard attached, it goes to sleep after 4 minutes as it should, and after a couple of minutes that is that. Comatose. Keyboard remains illuminated but no way to awaken it. Has to be rebooted.

I have to say I have never had any equipment that has more bugs than the surface pro 3. Downloaded the latest updates today. No change. No way my staff will be getting these- not fit for purpose unfortunately.

OP
A

Artov

Have you tried refreshing the unit?
Not sure what refreshing is. I have not done a complete re-set and reinstalled everything from scratch. We don't generally have to re-install the OS to get hardware to work when it is new. :)

OP
A

Artov

Ah- just found what a refresh is. No I have not done this as it removes all the apps that have been installed. A reset to factory settings (where it was going into comatose mode) is going to give one of my staff a heap of work and presumably take it back to the same issue it had at the start. No I will have to write this off as an expensive mistake and wait until Microsoft eventually issue an update that works!

ctitanic

During the initial configuration a driver may have failed to install correctly. A Refresh may fix these issues.

Capture.JPG

OP
A

Artov

True. One of my staff did try and update all the drivers but that would not necessarily catch everything of course. I think my concern is that this is not a one off issue as I have read of it on a number of forums. I will see if we have a quiet spell then perhaps we can go for the full refresh.
Thanks for your help.