What's new

Sleeping for 10 Seconds Then Waking Up... Arrrghhh!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I tried /sleepstudy, it made some HTML file in windows\system32, and it says page not available when opened with IE. Tried /lastwake, got the 0 string again.

Anything else I can do to diagnose this besides hunting for the culprit? Any more command lines I can try? I really want to figure out whats causing this.

Too bad there isnt some global-override command that can be used to disable all win32/BT/Wifi/Drivers from waking the machine. (one would think such would be possible)
You need to copy the report from System32 to a location within your profile to open the file.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just create a C:\Temp directory and CD to it before running the powercfg commands it will drop the reports there.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

Ok, so I opened the sleep report up and can't really make much of it. It bascially just shows this diagram 14 times:
2ailwk4.jpg

Any ideas guyshers??

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so I opened the sleep report up and can't really make much of it. It bascially just shows this diagram 14 times:
2ailwk4.jpg

Any ideas guyshers??
All of the plus signs next to the Category allows you to drill down further....Networking seems to be the one the most activity.