What's new

Sleeve, case, bag for Surface Book recommendations

kekos

Microsoft Surface Book SleeveCase – WaterField Designs

sleevecas-ballistic-orientations_58c00b24-d8b2-4721-9d41-edae5fb994fc_grande.jpg

ADifferentWorld

I bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lig...p/B00NX4IEC6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

91cF2q-RWRL._SL1500_.jpg

It's says it's for the SP3/SP4 but it will perfectly fit the Surface Book. I measured it when I received it and the measurements that Amazon provides are true to spec. Has plenty of compartments too.

Dimensions of SB: 9.14 x 12.30 x 0.51- 0.90 in ( 232.1 x 312.3 x 13 -22.8 mm)
Dimensions of Bag: Main Compartment Internal Dimensions 13.75in x 11in x 1.75 ||| Approximate External Dimensions 15.75in x 12in x 3.25

netuser

None of those are slim-fitting sleeves. The Surface Book will fit in any laptop bag or backpack you may already own that will fit a 14 inch laptop.
Because of the gap and easy-to-lose pen that will fall off of the magnetic mount as you push it in or pull it out of the backpack, a sleeve is necessary.
You put the Surface Book in a sleeve, then you put the sleeved Surface Book in your laptop bag or backpack. Random stuff doesn't get stuck in the gap, the pen doesn't get lost and you keep it from getting scuffed up.
If you only need to tote your fully-charged-for-the-day Surface Book around alone, then you just put it in the sleeve and use the sleeve as its carrying case.

What are some nice, slim sleeves in this size?

Last edited:

snowboarder

Waterfield is designed for the Book, they told me yesterday they are gonna get their own Book soon
and then 2 more weeks to ship it to me. This is the best sleeve there is, I've had their sleeves
for many laptops and they are superb.

I bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lig...p/B00NX4IEC6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

91cF2q-RWRL._SL1500_.jpg

It's says it's for the SP3/SP4 but it will perfectly fit the Surface Book. I measured it when I received it and the measurements that Amazon provides are true to spec. Has plenty of compartments too.

Dimensions of SB: 9.14 x 12.30 x 0.51- 0.90 in ( 232.1 x 312.3 x 13 -22.8 mm)
Dimensions of Bag: Main Compartment Internal Dimensions 13.75in x 11in x 1.75 ||| Approximate External Dimensions 15.75in x 12in x 3.25

Yep, been running with the VanGoddy bag for over a year with two SP3s. Given the only dimension difference between the SP3 and SP4 is depth I'll be using the bag for next week's arrival as well.

Have dropped in the past two years and four notebooks from 22# on my back to 9# on my shoulder courtesy of the Surface and this bag.

I'd also add to go grab a Cocoon Grid-It for the power adapter and all your cables. It fits in the front pouch very well. VanGoddy carrier, Surface Pro, MS Arc Surface mouse and Cocoon Grid-it I travel very... "thin."

Last edited:

Deryl McCarty

I got a case of the same style as for my SP3, just slightly larger through Amazon. It is a SumacLife case made of a moderately stiff leatherette and well zippered that has provided a svelte, safe, difficult to pickpocket case over the past couple of years. It isn't one in which I carry chargers or docks, just computer, SDXC flash drives, papers and pens (SP3, penciled and inked). It comes in colors other than black, but I would not be wanting to draw attention to the fact that there is a $3k prize inside.