What's new

Slide from right quit working

JohnF

Recently I've noticed that the slide from the right feature to get to the settings menu to come up has quit working. Currently the only way I can get top the settings menu is to move the pointer to the upper right hand corner. The top, bottom and left hand slide works but not the right hand one. I'm not sure if I somehow turned that off or if it was impacted by a patch I loaded?

Has anyone else seen this?

prscarp

You may have a program running that is conflicting with it. Could you run this from command prompt and attach the text file it creates?

Code:
tasklist > tasks.txt

OP
J

JohnF

You may have a program running that is conflicting with it. Could you run this from command prompt and attach the text file it creates?
QUOTE]

This was taken immediately after a reboot (and the problem still persists).

Attachments

• tasks.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Not trying to be silly but sometimes it is the simple things. How about cleaning the screen?

OP
J

JohnF

Not trying to be silly but sometimes it is the simple things. How about cleaning the screen?

I'm open to any ideas at this point. The screen seems pretty clean and it doesn't matter where on that edge I try it. When it's on the start page and I drag my finger from right to left over the edge, just as soon as it hits the active part of the screen the screen starts to scroll. Just as if you were scrolling in the middle of the screen. It just doesn't seem to be detecting that transition from the black edge onto the screen. Not sure if there's a different sensor there or if the software simply detects motion that starts on the extreme edge?

Ruffles

Have you recently done a touch calibration? I did that and my charms would only open if I swiped from the dead middle of the screen. Turned out I did a crappy calibration job and when I did it again, the problem went away.

OP
J

JohnF

Have you recently done a touch calibration? I did that and my charms would only open if I swiped from the dead middle of the screen. Turned out I did a crappy calibration job and when I did it again, the problem went away.

This is exactly what it was. I had done a calibration last week so I just went in and cleared everything and re-did it. That fixed the issue. I came back here to post that I'd figured it out but you beat me to it. Great minds, huh?