What's new

Slow login after windows 2004 update

14andrewh

Hi, after upgrading Windows 10 Pro to 2004, login and boot times have got way longer. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same issue and found a remedy (other than rolling back which for me is too late now apparently).
Thanks! (mine is the i7 8Gb model)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, after upgrading Windows 10 Pro to 2004, login and boot times have got way longer. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same issue and found a remedy (other than rolling back which for me is too late now apparently).
Thanks! (mine is the i7 8Gb model)

Don’t roll back.

The slow boot may be temporary, as Windows gets syncing in order, or it could be due to drivers or 3rd party programs which error out.

Use Task Manager, detailed view, Startup tab to see what runs during boot up.

Let us know ...

OP

14andrewh

Don’t roll back.

The slow boot may be temporary, as Windows gets syncing in order, or it could be due to drivers or 3rd party programs which error out.

Use Task Manager, detailed view, Startup tab to see what runs during boot up.

Let us know ...

Thanks for the reply.
It's been over 10 days so hopefully syncing is complete. I looked at the start up list and just disabled the logitech download assistant. Here is a screenshot of the startup, there are more apps in the list but their impact is apparently none. How to tell if they timing out?
1599487405566.png

Thanks again!

OP

14andrewh

Thanks for the reply.
It's been over 10 days so hopefully syncing is complete. I looked at the start up list and just disabled the logitech download assistant. Here is a screenshot of the startup, there are more apps in the list but their impact is apparently none. How to tell if they timing out?
View attachment 9405

Thanks again!
Hi,

Seems Microsoft have pushed a Feature Update which appears to have addressed this issue. Happy now!

Cheers
/A