What's new

Small Indescript Hardware Updates Every Three Days

InkyRag

I am getting small hardware updates every three days. There is no description as to what they are and the all have the same title, System Hardware Update - ‎1/‎18/‎2014. I can't tell if this is the same update over and over or different ones. Does anyone have any idea as to what these are? If they are different, why are they all dated 1/18/2014 and why are they being deployed every three days?

jrapdx

I am getting small hardware updates every three days. There is no description as to what they are and the all have the same title, System Hardware Update - ‎1/‎18/‎2014. I can't tell if this is the same update over and over or different ones. Does anyone have any idea as to what these are? If they are different, why are they all dated 1/18/2014 and why are they being deployed every three days?

The only thing I can think of is that the update is being sent in pieces to your SP2. This kind of "delivery" has been reported with prior FW updates. My SP2 did get the Jan 18 update in a single chunk, but unfortunately Windows Update History didn't show me how big the blob was. If that's the case, additional 1/18 updates offered will probably be rather small-sized vs. the whole thing sent at once.

Rvacha

Windows update is buggy and has been. One of the many things that isn't getting fixed. I wouldn't worry about these events myself

Axolotl

There are different updates from the same date.
To get an idea WHAT is updated, just use the Windows Explorer and go to

c:\windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository

There you have all the folders with the updates. Just open a folder, and open the *.inf file inside via double click (means for me with Editor).
At the beginning of the file, there is mostly to be read what it updates. Unfortunately not always.
It's a bit tedious to go this way, but it really helps understanding WHAT ist updated at which date.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes from Axolotl

Surface Pro 2, 256 GB 4200 cpu

joudbren

I've been getting the same with my SP2 as well. At least 3 small firmware updates in January and it shows everything as having succeeded.