What's new

Smartglass not connecting

airlid

The first time I used smartglass it worked fine. On subsequent attempts my sp2 alerts me that I have logged on to my Xbox but smartglass will not connect to the Xbox. I have seen a lot of complaints about this but no solutions, any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

It is an xbox 360 and as I said it connected and worked fine the first couple of times that I used it. I know the set up is correct because when I log onto the xbox with my windows live account a notification pops up on my surface to "enjoy the smart glass experience" because alrlid has just logged in. I can "play to" the xbox (movies, photos etc) from the surface and I can view my gamer profile in the xbox game app. And I am using the xbox 360 app. My surface is a Surface pro 2 128gig 4gigb memory and I have installed every possible update (maybe thats the problem).

It's one minor problem on a really awesome platform, I love my SP2!

Last edited:

Dayton

360 or One, if I remember right you have to allow access on the 360. Using SmartGlass now to access Crunchyroll on the 360 via my SP2.

Working on XOne as well.

Last edited:

grumpy

The first time I used smartglass it worked fine. On subsequent attempts my sp2 alerts me that I have logged on to my Xbox but smartglass will not connect to the Xbox. I have seen a lot of complaints about this but no solutions, any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

Same here (xbox 360). I hadn't installed the smart glass app on my new SP2 until now so I am not sure when it stopped working.

grumpy

Hmmmm... Smartglass is working fine today. Must have been a Xbox Live snafu.

EDIT: Now it is no longer connecting..

Last edited:
OP
A

airlid

Is it possible that SmartGlass only works with a Xbox gold account and the time it worked was just a teaser?

OP
A

airlid

On my Surface pro 2, I found a setting in my homegroup settings (pc settingings/network/homgroup) that says “Let devices on this network stream my music and videos”. I turned this setting on and SmartGlass started working.