What's new

Snipping tool & windows 8/desktop

Dieselrob

I just picked up my pro, so this is my first time really using windows 8.

I opened Internet Explorer from the windows 8 app main screen, swiped right and searched snipping tool. When I open snipping tool, it pulls up the tool on the normal windows desktop screen, this would normally be ok but the IE I run on the windows 8 app screen isn't the same when you open IE on the desktop?

How do I open the snip tool on the app portion of windows 8 when using internet explorer?

I hope this made some semblance of sense lol

tonyz3

Do you have Office? OneNote's snipping tool can get Metro.

--randy

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8
wait are you sure? are you saying you can use office 2013 one note snipping tool on metro ie. If this can be done please explain how...

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

wilbur4321

wait are you sure? are you saying you can use office 2013 one note snipping tool on metro ie. If this can be done please explain how...

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

Yup. Assuming it's started up already (which it does by default), just press Win-S while you're in the modern app. It will switch over to desktop, then back (really annoying), but it seems to work. Note: tried this on my Lenovo Carbon.

thanks,
--randy

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

vinumsv

here is sample screenshot using Win+S or OneNote ScreenCapture tool

477213_10151670848199574_725987605_o.jpg

Attachments

• 941982_10151670848199574_725987605_n.jpg
    941982_10151670848199574_725987605_n.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 779

tonyz3

ok now i got it to work...thx. For me it will only work - because of dual ext monitors-- if i have DT one note open on one screen and than metro ie on the other. any other combo it reverts to the DT. But it works Later i will try it when i dont have the SP hooked to anything just as tablet.....

tonyz3

Does anyone know if you can use the snipping tool in metro app while in tablet mode without the Keyboard. Not a screen shot.....