What's new

So...has the SP3 replaced your laptop?

obmotum

No, Surface has not replaced my Laptop, but i purchased it as a tablet and not as a Laptop replacement :)
My Laptop is quite powerfull (Quad Core i7, 32GB RAM, SSD-Raid, Dedicated GPU GTX680m), Surface is no match, but i don't need to carry my Laptop around anymore, Laptop Weight is 4kg vs Surface 800g :)

Andycam

I dont have a laptop other than my @work laptop (Lenovo T530) which I dont use off work.
BUT it's now permanent at work. For customer visits and business travel, the SP3 is my goto device.

I don't think I'll even bring my iPad mini on business trips from now on.
If I do bring the mini now, its for reading my magazine subscriptions only. I am kind of locked to iOS that way.

~X.T.~

Replaced my Asus N55 i7 15-inch without a doubt. I'm so happy that my work can be taken with me everywhere I want now. That 15 inch was just WAY too much to lug around to classes.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, Surface has not replaced my Laptop, but i purchased it as a tablet and not as a Laptop replacement :)
My Laptop is quite powerfull (Quad Core i7, 32GB RAM, SSD-Raid, Dedicated GPU GTX680m), Surface is no match, but i don't need to carry my Laptop around anymore, Laptop Weight is 4kg vs Surface 800g :)

That's not a laptop its a Tank err portable Workstation. :D

Mikewired

I am trying to see if it will replace my laptop(Macbook Pro 2008 w/ssd) and iPad3 (ATT 4g unlimited data). So far it is a good replacement but with a few sacrifices. The trackpad on the Mac is more responsive no doubt, but the sp3 is the closest I have come across on any windows laptop! I did buy the surface arc mouse but I am just a trackpad user and the arc mouse is loud while scrolling. One other sacrifice is the unlimited data of my ipad3, This is not an sp3 fault but there are still places without wifi. Still up in the air, but I am trying to use it everyday with the pen and one note and resist plugging it in to see how the battery will do. I started thinking of replacing my 6 yr old mbp for a retina one but 2000.00 has led me to the sp3 for a try. I also thought about how the sp3 is really not upgradable or servicable but neither is the mbp retina.

daniielrp

My SP3 has replaced my SP2 which replaced my laptop/tablet (HP Elitebook 2740p + Surface RT).

This time I think MS did everything right - great screen size, nice keyboard and (finally) a usable trackpad. Thin, light, and powerful enough for my needs.

It has not replaced my main desktop (iMac) or Gaming PC (Custom build).

raqball

The SP3 has replaced both my laptop and my tablet.. Microsoft hit a grand slam with the SP3 in my opinion..

CreativeLemming

I was playing with one in Currys today, I wish it could replace my 9 month old laptop but that's an SP2 and I really can't justify the price as that cost £1400.00 and none of the accessories that I bought for it will compliment the SP3, so no it hasn't replaced my laptop (smiley face)

ScottyS

The SP1 (and now SP3) replaced my laptop and is my desktop. At home I plug in a 9 port USB hub (with 3 1/2 TBs of external & portable HDs, DVD burner, wireless mouse and keyboard) and a 27" 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor.

It is sooo cool to just un-plug and take my "desktop" wherever I go.