What's new

So how long does it REALLY take for replacement unit to arrive?

Nuspieds

Always been my past experience. Glad that worked out for you!!! My original request was on a Tuesday, got the replacement Friday (3 business days), but it was a faulty unit and that's where it went downhill.
Uggh! I don't think I would have survived that experience! :LOL:

My SP2 is my main machine and especially when travelling, I cannot do without it. Truth be told that I still have my SP1 and that's what I used in the interim; however, it certainly is not the SP2 and I really wanted that replacement unit badly.

I know it is still relatively early days for the MS Store, but where I was disappointed was their inability to check which store had stock. In order to check, they had to call each store, so it was time-consuming. And somewhat related to receiving a defective device, I was fearful that it wouldn't be an SP 256. So I made sure I repeated that over and over again. :)

Hope you get yours back soon, because two weeks is too long! By the way, the agent had told me that they only do advanced exchange if the unit was purchased within 30 days. I don't know if that's policy or not, but I'm sure glad they did whatever was necessary to get it to me promptly or search for a in-store replacement.

On that note, another disappointment was no option for an overnight. I so desperately needed my machine and because I was travelling, I wanted to pay for an overnight option, but no such luck. They definitely need to improve on the turnaround.

tarrant64

I forgot to follow up here. I eventually did receive the refurbished Surface Pro (it was flawless, like brand new). So overall the 3 day advanced exchange process took 3 weeks, but in the end they corrected the issue.

Nuspieds

I forgot to follow up here. I eventually did receive the refurbished Surface Pro (it was flawless, like brand new). So overall the 3 day advanced exchange process took 3 weeks, but in the end they corrected the issue.
Congratulations!

I know how great it is that the wait is finally over and you're back up and running.

Nuspieds

Go to Control Panels --> system and security ---> System

Under Processor it should say "4200U" or "4300U" after Intel Core i5
Thanks...the only thing I thought of was running "systeminfo" in the command prompt.

Anyway, mine says 4300U...well, I'm definitely grateful for the upgrade (from my original SP2)! :D

TunaSurface

Oh boy! It's been 20 days and they have finally send one back! A couple of days and it should be here...right?
update: It's now in Germany, so a couple of days left.

Last edited: