What's new

So so angry right now!

ArnoldC

My friend's 2-week old iPhone 5

565847_10151267309163576_903240160_n.jpg

ArnoldC

That post was made to show that no device is safe from drops.

Edited according to moderator's recommendation.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Ok, two wrongs don't make a right so let's not go there. You can make the point that the comment was misinterpreted and was just meant to show any and all devices are subject to breaking.

JP

bosamar

My wife dropped her cell in the parking lot and broke the glass. It was in a case. The glass broke. About $350 later....lol

Matt

Sounds like you 2 were really unlucky. That's a shame and I feel for you but it's not an indicator of a manufacturing fault.

If 1 in 4 or even 1 in 10 cracked for no reason then maybe you'd have a case.

As for I pads and iPhones these are often in cases. The surface touch cover isn't going to add much protection in impacts.

Even in cases screens get broken. It's just bad luck.

leeshor

On another forum, a tablet forum, one of the primary hardware complaints is with cracked screens, and it doesn't seem to matter much who the manufacturer was, same for phones.

Especially in the case of the phones, some used Gorilla Glass 2 and everyone says, that shouldn't have happened. All I'm saying is that it really is a common problem and certainly not limited to the Surface.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you had other objects in your bag like books and they were on top of the surface especially with a bag seam or pen below the surface... you'd have the perfect storm of force.

malberttoo

On another forum, a tablet forum, one of the primary hardware complaints is with cracked screens, and it doesn't seem to matter much who the manufacturer was, same for phones.

Especially in the case of the phones, some used Gorilla Glass 2 and everyone says, that shouldn't have happened. All I'm saying is that it really is a common problem and certainly not limited to the Surface.

The glass on everything breaks, chips cracks, hairline-fractures, whatever. That is 95% of the reason I purchased Microsoft Complete for my SP3.

awwshoot

Going forward, the Kensington Black Belt case works great! Watched one of our doctors knock one of the new SP4s off the table twice without an issue. Well other than me turning a couple extra shades white!! LOL