What's new

So who's doing the "line thing" at an MS Store on the 20th?

DennyA

Preordered in person last week to avoid the shipping/tracking/waiting-for-the-delivery-guy stress. I've stood in line for an Apple product, so the least I can do is reciprocate for Microsoft.

I ordered from the Bellevue store, which in retrospect was dumb because it's the closest to the Microsoft campus and that's where most of the employees will go to pick one up. Should have probably gone for Alderwood.

Anyway, anyone else going to pick up one up tomorrow from an MS Store?

If so:
* Did you order Red? Seems to be the most popular color
* Did you preorder, or are you taking your chances on one being available?

OP
D

DennyA

Word from previous releases was that the line was @100 people long, but they were super-efficient and had worked through the preorder line within a half-hour of opening.

Be interesting to see how this one compares, given that it's the most exciting Surface device yet, but it's also relatively high-end price-wise.

benjitek

...Yeah well, I'm a line person...
Then you picked the right device, no waiting ;-) There's a lot more that goes into a device before people will wait in line for it. It's a great piece of hardware, wish I could afford one but I purchased a SP2 about 4 months ago. If I were purchasing it, I'd order it online -- it's an online-order device. Not that >no one< would stand in a line for one, but first they'd have to find a line -- for the most part it'll be something you can just walk in and purchase -- or order online.

Klownicle

Then you picked the right device, no waiting ;-) There's a lot more that goes into a device before people will wait in line for it. It's a great piece of hardware, wish I could afford one but I purchased a SP2 about 4 months ago. If I were purchasing it, I'd order it online -- it's an online-order device. Not that >no one< would stand in a line for one, but first they'd have to find a line -- for the most part it'll be something you can just walk in and purchase -- or order online.

When I purchased the Surface Pro 1st generation in store, they only had 1 of the 128gb models at BestBuy. Causing 3 people behind me, not to get one.

OP
D

DennyA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403281964.697077.jpga bunch of folks found it line-worthy... And we got swag!

Ruffles

I lined up at BB for my SP1. I had preordered so I was sure it would be there. I'm in rural Idaho so there were only about 10 people in line and they only got 4 in stock (aside from the preorders). I've got an SP2 now and I think I'm going to skip the 3 and wait for the 4 but if I was shopping, I'd defiantly line up for one.