What's new

Solution needed... already!

OP
T

thefollans

Hi,
i use "OneCalander" from the windows appstore. Works flawlessly with google calander, just like on an android device.
For Gmail and Google Contacts the build in apps from the surface worked fine for me.

gadigo

EXCELLENT... thanks for that. "OneCalendar" has worked perfectly to sync our Google calendars... much easier than setting up yet another account with another provider!

Now to make sure it all stays in sync :)

OP
T

thefollans

So it looks like I have solved the Calender issues with OneCalender but now all my contacts are gone? like all of them?

It says the accounts are linked (including Facebook) but I have no contacts at all.

The first few hours with the SP3 has been... frustrating!

Anyone got any steps to move our contacts from Goggle to Outlook.com? I couldn't even find contacts when I signed into Outlook.com, just email?

Len J

My experience fwiw.

Google and MS are never going to work together easily.... I think google works hard not to be compatible.

After accessing my needs, I opted for an office 365 small business premium subscription, mainly because it included exchange plus a few other things. I moved all my stored e-mail folders under the exchange account so they all synched easily.

Set up the exchange account to be the primary synch account for calendar, contacts, & tasks on my iPhone & iPads & it works perfectly.

Len

samurai

Currently Windows services are the best choice if you don't want to lock down to one ecosystem. They are offering apps for all the platforms. In future if you want to switch to Android or Apple you will have no issues.

OP
T

thefollans

I'm happy to move everything across to MS if it is all going to work on all devices. Just need to work out how to move my email folders across (can I use our 365 Home edition for this) from our Bluehost account where they are stored.