What's new

[Solved] Bluetooth mouse drops connection intermittently?

Brightsurface

I had the problem with all 3 of my Bluetooth mice on the Surface Pro. It's like the Bluetooth connection has been dropped. Most of the time if I wiggle and click the mouse a few times it will come back. Other times I have had to wait sometime to get the connection back. It is really annoying. I Google it and found a way to solve this problem:

Briefly, do these steps can solve the problem:

First, Make sure that the Bluetooth service is started
1.Press the "Window icon" + "R" on the key board, Type "services.msc", and press "OK"
2. Double-click the Bluetooth Support Service.
3. If the Bluetooth Support service is stopped, click Start.
4. On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
5. Click the Log On tab.
6. Click "Local System account".
7. Click OK.
8. If you prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

Then, Bluetooth Power Management Setting:
1. open up Device Manager, expanded “Bluetooth”, and double-clicked on the "Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter".
2. Go to the Power Management Tab and clear the checkbox “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

And finally, No more disconnects.

Last edited:

Bionic4.0

My wifi broke with this. I had to revert back the setting to fix it. I could connect to a wifi network but it would not access the internet. I was also getting an error/ Notification that my firewall was disabled but it would not let me enable it. any suggestions

leeshor

My wifi broke with this. I had to revert back the setting to fix it. I could connect to a wifi network but it would not access the internet. I was also getting an error/ Notification that my firewall was disabled but it would not let me enable it. any suggestions
Welcome to the forum

Does your Surface have any 3rd party anti virus or security software installed or are you joined to a network server/domain?

RoGaR

I had the problem with all 3 of my Bluetooth mice on the Surface Pro. It's like the Bluetooth connection has been dropped. Most of the time if I wiggle and click the mouse a few times it will come back. Other times I have had to wait sometime to get the connection back. It is really annoying. I Google it and found a way to solve this problem:

Briefly, do these steps can solve the problem:

First, Make sure that the Bluetooth service is started
1.Press the "Window icon" + "R" on the key board, Type "services.msc", and press "OK"
2. Double-click the Bluetooth Support Service.
3. If the Bluetooth Support service is stopped, click Start.
4. On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
5. Click the Log On tab.
6. Click "Local System account".
7. Click OK.
8. If you prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

Then, Bluetooth Power Management Setting:
1. open up Device Manager, expanded “Bluetooth”, and double-clicked on the "Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter".
2. Go to the Power Management Tab and clear the checkbox “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

And finally, No more disconnects.

Help! I tried this and lost all network connectivity - both wired and wireless. I tried reverting back but it still not fixing the problem. Although I forgot to write down the info I am assuming it is my login account. WRONG: Account name is Local Services

In Network and Sharing Center all it says under network is "The dependency service or group failed to start."

I reverted back and everything works fine now. Who would have imagined changing that one little service would cause such havoc!

Last edited:

doesnotapply

Please DO NOT follow the guide in the original post. It will disable your windows 10 internet connection and render your windows 10 firewall unusable. Wasted 1 day of my life following this guide trying to get the internet and firewall back up and running. Ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 before I realized that this guide was what stuffed my laptop up!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK - People you are ending up here from searches, please see when this was posted and for a specific machine. This post is from 2013 for Surface Pro running Windows 8.1....

This was for a specific point in time with a problematic driver.

EHoskinson

I stumbled across this as an active topic. It worked great on my Surface Pro with Win 8.1. Definitely need to look a the post date and applicable systems.