What's new

[Solved] Bypass login password

AJGLASS

Each time my Surface reverts to its default opening screen, which is pretty often, I'm required to re-enter my password. Is there any way to pass this repetitive procedure?:disappointed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Atthisaddress

In the Start screen, type Control - then select Control Panel. In the upper right hand corner click or touch Category and change it to Large Icons. Select Power Options. In the upper left hand corner click or touch Require a password on wakeup. Change Password protection on wakeup from Require a password to Don't require a password. Click or touch Save changes.

kryten22uk

Furthermore if desired you can do away with having to enter your (usually long and complicated) MSN account password on logon, and instead assign a PIN.

Plantje

You can even setup your computer in a way that you never have to enter your password...even when starting up from powered down state...

You can even setup your computer in a way that you never have to enter your password...even when starting up from powered down state...

I have my S3 set up that but not my laptop. Even though I use my S3 more often, too many people can access my laptop.