What's new

Solved Marvel AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter Error

Helene

This is constantly going into error condition. I have tried to see what occurs immediately before. Event Manager always shows a series of DistributedCOM errors but I can't find out what these are/mean.
Eventually the Marvel AVASTAR BT radio fails with Code (43) which tells me exactly nothing!
The driver version for the above is 15.68.9120.47 which according to my searching is the most current one.
Once the adapter fails the only resolution is to restart the computer.
As suggested in another thread I have unchecked the power option to turn off the device to save power.

I am on
W10 and up to date on all releases.

This problem is making my Arc Touch Mouse SE and my MSFT BT keyboard unusable.

Does anyone have any ideas. MSFT Support has no suggestions.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My driver is 15.68.9114.29 and works fine. I am on a Windows Insider future release of Windows 10.

Perhaps you should roll back your driver, as it may be conflicting with something else in your system.

OP
H

Helene

Thanks. How to I roll back the driver? When I go into the driver properties.....Roll Back Driver is greyed out.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hold on there. My driver is now 15.68.9120.47 after an Insider Windows Update today. Works fine.

So I am thinking that some setting is wrong. Have you removed the device and then immediately performed a cold boot?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hold on...

My driver was updated to 15.68.9120.47 today, after an Insider's update. Works fine.

Do this:
1) Start Device Manager
2) Uninstall the device, and its software
3) Immediately reboot
4) Start Device Manager
5) System should ask you to install drivers. Choose to search online.
6) Allow to install

This may correct some setting which is wrong on your system.

Let us know ...

OP
H

Helene

I did so much troubleshooting I'm not sure if I did this but I removed the driver and performed a cold boot before I saw your last note. Driver version now at 15.68.9112.23 date 12/2/16. I didn't note the date on the original driver but I'm sure it was 2017! BTW, system auto installed the driver, did not ask.

So I'll see if this does the trick. The problem is unpredictable - I can go all day without the issue - or 10 minutes. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help.

OP
H

Helene

NUTS. I have auto update turned on.....The system just replaced the driver to the one that may be at the root of the problem.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Well let us know if it is fixed.

When you uninstalled, other regulistry settings were also removed. Perhaps those settings were corrupted, and now you are okay.

OP
H

Helene

FAILED! Finally trapped the events. The Marvel adapter failed to respond at 2:21:47 and was removed. The final ERROR was at 2:23:14 when it was unloaded.

Attachments

• Event Viewer BTHUSB.png
    Event Viewer BTHUSB.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 1,316
  • Device Manager Marvel.png
    Device Manager Marvel.png
    85 KB · Views: 1,587

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, @Helene, let's try to get you fixed up.

Change your driver to be a Microsoft generic driver rather than one from Marvell.

1) Start Device Manager
2) Select your Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
3) Right-click, then choose Update Driver
4) Choose the second option: Browse my computer for driver software
5) Choose the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter", Next, then Close after it installs.

And again, let us know if this fixes your troubles.

By the way, the issue may be regarding compatibility with your router. The cause is not yours, however, but may be an oversight by Microsoft or Marvell engineers.

marvellbluetooth.png

OP
H

Helene

It appears changing to the Generic BT driver did the trick. My BTH mouse has been up and running since I changed drivers. I have put my SP to sleep and performed cold start and restarts and ALL IS WELL.

Can't thank you enough.