What's new

[Solved!] Pro will now not accept RDP calls.

OP
Russ

Russ

Are you at least getting asked for authentication? Or are you being denied access altogether?

Damn!, I love this place! A guy can wander in here dumber than a stump, but pay attention and learn stuff from the helpful people here.

Rob --

I was supplying what I thought was authentication, but after your question, I deleted the saved credentials and tried to log on. When it asked me for the password, I supplied it, and was immediately logged on to the Pro.

Wonders never cease!

By the way, I have abandoned the once troublesome Win7-1, and am now running Win8 as primary on my "main machine." I can RDP into it with no trouble at all.

Thank you very much!

Take care,
Russ

OP
Russ

Russ

Bosamar, et al --

The thing I have always loved about tech support forums is that, no matter how much you think you know, there is always somebody there who knows more, and is willing to take the time to share it with you.

I know a lot about computers -- I really do. But, it's kinda fun to come in here for an occasional "humility injection." :)

Take care all,
Russ

ArnoldC

Hey Russ, glad everything is sorted out. I have a question for you though... when are you getting your Pro, bro? :)

OP
Russ

Russ

when are you getting your Pro, bro? :)

Well, now, Arnold, that is, indeed, a good question. I really don't plan to get one -- I have the RT, which I love; a 2-year old HP laptop that I like a lot; a V1 Ipad that will go to my daughter; a 3GS Iphone that my daughter gave me when she upgraded; about a half-dozen decent desktops scattered around the place, including this beauty I'm typing on right now: I7-3820 on Asus P9X79 Deluxe, with 16GB memory, an Intel 480 SSD boot drive and a WD1000 for data and such. It might be asserted that a guy with that much computer stuff really doesn't need a Pro, don'cha think?

(Do you have the distinct impression I am stalling to avoid answering the question?)

The actual, truthful answer is: Hell, man, I don't know!

Ladyfriend lives about 50 miles south of here in the north part of Atlanta. She has not seen her new computer, but is very excited about it. She has called a few times for progress reports, plus I needed some inputs from her. Her daughter and three kids visited her this weekend, so I stayed home and played with the Pro. She called me yesterday, after daughter left, to say that she was so excited about her new computer that she went to the Microsoft store (she lives nearby) just to look at one and see what it was like. I didn't ask any penetrating questions; I just let her rattle on. It wouldn't have done any good, anyway. She is the one for whom the term "inscrutable Oriental" was invented.

So, having said all that, the answer still is: Hell, man, I don't know!

Time will tell.

Film at eleven.

Take care,
Russ