What's new

Some real specs

jrioux

The new pen can be used with sp3 or not?
From the Microsoft website:

Does the Surface Pen that works with Surface Pro 4 work with other Surface devices?
A: Yes. With Palm Block technology and 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, Surface Pen gives you a surprisingly natural way to mark-up documents and take notes in your own handwriting.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
And what of the wifi chip in the Surface Pro 4??? Another Marvell disaster to spoil an otherwise fine piece of gear?

bluegrass

I guess I'm thinking pen or pencil, but I don't understand what advantage recognizing an angle would buy you. I guess maybe if you were an artist using a brush it could have some sort of affect.

lhauser

Am I correct in understanding I can use the new type cover on the SP3? That and (maybe) the pen are the only things that really excite me here. The SP4 looks cool, but not revolutionary enough to spend the $$$ on it (unless my wife wants to spend more of her inheritance money on me, as she did with the SP3...)

Yes for drawing. With angle, you can determine thickness, and pressure is light and dark of ink. OR
If you ever used the current pen (at least with the SP2) the more of an angle you hold the pen, the more the accuracy goes out the window.

I guess I'm thinking pen or pencil, but I don't understand what advantage recognizing an angle would buy you. I guess maybe if you were an artist using a brush it could have some sort of affect.

Please, please tell me you can now use the pen in the corners of the screen.

Oh hey, I thought he said battery was 12hrs. Or was that only with the Surface Book? Because I see 9hrs for the SP4. Isn't that the same as the SP3?

Why did he make a big deal on where he put the pen on the SP4? The SP2 was a magnet to the pen, the SP3 was a sticky loop, and now he said you can just put it on the side of the SP4. Isn't that no difference than my SP2? Still gonna loose if it I carried it that way. Still going to detach when I have the SP2 in a sleeve/bag.

Why did he make a big deal on where he put the pen on the SP4? The SP2 was a magnet to the pen, the SP3 was a sticky loop, and now he said you can just put it on the side of the SP4. Isn't that no difference than my SP2? Still gonna loose if it I carried it that way. Still going to detach when I have the SP2 in a sleeve/bag.