What's new

some SP2 flaws and warranty question

Have you had any of below mentioned SP2 flaws in your device?

• at least 1 hot/dead pixel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • backlight bleeding

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • wobbly kickstand

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • slow device reactions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none of the above

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

DekeraD

Hello.

I've recently bought and received my new Surface Pro 2 device, but I've noticed, that (from beginning) it has some flaws:
(display flaws)
a) hot/dead pixel on screen - brighter/white pixel visible on brighter backgrounds (software solutions such a Pixel Fixer didn't help)
b) some brightness/backlight bleeding at the bottom part of Surface's screen (at screen border)

(kickstand issue)
c) kickstand is wobbling when is set to it's 2nd position

(other flaws)
d) slow reaction to pressing the awake/power button - I have to wait about 2 seconds for device to react

Has anyone had any of these flaws in his device (especially a), b) or c)??? Can I report my device for warranty service to exchange for new one???

Please answer.

Regards.

GoodBytes

[mQUOTE="DekeraD, post: 98646, member: 17988"]
a) hot/dead pixel on screen - brighter/white pixel visible on brighter backgrounds (software solutions such a Pixel Fixer didn't help)
Dead, stuck, or bright pixel is faults that LCD panels can have. It sucks, but it's like this. Return the device and order a new one. If you can't, see if you can have a refurbished replacement (expect it to be scratched, as it's someone else.. and many people don't care about their device)

b) some brightness/backlight bleeding at the bottom part of Surface's screen (at screen border)
Back light bleeding is common for tablets and decent to low-end IPS panel (and affects all TN panels). In the case of IPS panels, it's due to the thinnest and well cost. It would cost too much to correct the problem. That is why, if you buy an LCD IPS panel desktop monitor, to have no back light bleeding, you are looking at 500+ $ for a 1920x1200 24inch monitor (well ok, you do have a color processor, Look Up Table, and a true 8-bit panel per channel which all contribute to boosting the price, but hey, still a factor).

(kickstand issue)
c) kickstand is wobbling when is set to it's 2nd position
Normal.

(other flaws)
d) slow reaction to pressing the awake/power button - I have to wait about 2 seconds for device to react
Not normal.