What's new

Some SP3 Type Covers Are Missing Pen Loop Attachment

Zog1971

Hello to all the lovelies in this forum. :)

I just wanted to pass along the fact that I received my new SP3 this week along with the new black Type Cover (LOVE THEM BOTH!!!) and the pen loop attachment was not included. I had watched several unboxings on YouTube and knew what to expect and it just wasn't there.

After an initially frustrating call to Microsoft support, was finally transferred to the "Surface Team" and the guy I talked to confirmed that there evidently is a production line of these that didn't come with the pen loop as they should have. He took some info and they are sending me one now. So glad, because if they were going to make me pay the $5 price to get one of these, I would have told them I'm sending everything back.

I just wanted to post something about this as there may be some people who didn't even know that the pen loop attachment is supposed to be included in the box with the Type Cover. Also, was just a little curious how many others had experienced this.

Take care, all! :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, although not too much of an issue. Most sources have come to the conclusion that the pen loop is flimsy, will fall off, and is generally a waste if time.

OP
Zog1971

Zog1971

Regardless of what use people have for the pen loop, it should be universally provided with the Type Cover and I didn't receive it that way. Personally, I will 100% be using the pen loop, so I'm a little angry I didn't get it with the product as I should have. Plus, others should know that it is supposed to come with the Type Cover. I'm gonna put the pen loop on the Type Cover and will then be putting a Stickerboy skin over that. I'm hoping that will also help to keep the pen loop attached.

FlySwatter

I'm gonna put the pen loop on the Type Cover and will then be putting a Stickerboy skin over that. I'm hoping that will also help to keep the pen loop attached.
I almost missed the pen loop accessory entirely when un-boxing my own Type Cover. In fact, I actually did initially, and it wasn't until later that I noticed the little rectangular "bump" in the packaging. I hadn't decided whether or not to use it yet, but your suggestion about using the Stickerboy cover as an additional anchor point makes sense.