What's new

Solved Something strange

dniezby

Okay, I don't know if it was the update or I screwed something up. Maybe someone could help me?

Two strange things are now happening. They're not really strange but I got used to the old method and it's throwing off my game.

1 - When I hit the up VOLUME button, now it suddenly turns on the Narrator instead of turning up the volume.

2 - When I hit the down - It takes a snapshot.

WTF? It's like my Windows button is stuck.

Finally, (or maybe so far) when I hit the sleep button, it brings up a menu - like the one I would get with CTRL+Alt+Del

Anyone know what happened here and how I can fix it? Cause, NOW when I Hold down windows and hit the volume button, it turns down/up the volume and it goes to lock.. LOL.

I suppose I could get used to it that way, it just seems strange.

kundas1

Is your keyboard attached when all this is happening? Maybe you have a stuck key? Cuz that doesn't sound good, also try doing a reset...

OP
dniezby

dniezby

I did a Refresh and everything is working correctly again. WOW ! That is a feature I so wish I had years ago.

I love that it even logs programs that would need to be installed if you want to keep them.

Volume button - working as it's supposed to.
Sleep button - working as it's supposed to.

So, it must have been a program I installed that caused the problem.

For anyone's reference, the program I installed was PDF X-Change viewer. I've used it for years but that was the last program I installed before I started having problems.

OP
dniezby

dniezby

Yes, thank you. It's working fine again. That's a great feature.

I'm always continuing to be amazed by some of the "hidden" gems of W8+. People really are missing out.