What's new

Sometime Surface will not start up.

Hutch

Sometime my new Surface Tablet does not start up. But after plugged in for awhile it seems to start then.
If the battery was low, shouldn't it start when plugged in... or does it HAVE TO charge for awhile?

bosamar

Have you ever fully charged it? Even if the battery was less than 10% I would think it would start after being plugged in for ten minutes.

chatterbot

I have this problem. If the battery is really low and it shuts off....when you plug it in and restart it doesn't work for a while. You have to wait for it to charge.

ArnoldC

I have my battery alert set at 5%, but purposely let it shutdown at one time. Plugged the power, hit the power button, and it's back.

How much battery remains when you experience this?

thix84

I have my battery alert set at 5%, but purposely let it shutdown at one time. Plugged the power, hit the power button, and it's back.

How much battery remains when you experience this?

hi arnold..about your battery alert at 5%, are you referring on metro UI or desktop? and how to set it?

yeewiz

I run my RT down to the 5% mark so it shuts down automatically many times. When I plug the charger in, I wait just a few seconds, then I hit the power button, and the RT starts up again no problem.

Beatkat

My surface also does not give any battery warning...just shuts down. I have checked the setting and it is supposed to warn me at 4 minutes...it does not.

Sin

I believe you have to setting the low battery warning to 10 minutes or more or it doesn't work for some crazy reason.