What's new

Sometimes my Surface Pro 3 will be on when I'm not using it

Zo Shah

Hi guys

This has been happening to me ever since I got the SP3. I'm not sure what's going on. Let's say I hit the power button after I'm done using it... not to shut it down ,but just to put it on standby/turn the screen of or whatever. Then, I'll come back to it an hour later, and my SP3 will feel hot. I open up the type cover, and the screen is on for some reason, even though I haven't touched it in an hour.

I was charging my SP3 earlier today. Once it was finished, I took it off the charger. The screen was off, and I closed the type cover. When I came back to it about an hour later, the screen was on again even though I hadn't used it at all. Why is the device screen on when I haven't even touched it? There is no reason the screen should be on.... Is there some kind of setting I have enabled? I tried reading the power management sticky, but it seemed like a foreign language to me to be honest. I'm not the most tech savy.

Thanks in advance!

kundas1

you might have an app that is running in the background, as for your Logitech KB/mouse is that connected to your Surface? if not then obviously that has nothing to do with it... I would check what is running on the SP3 in the task manager, also when you want to put your SP3 to sleep I just close the KB and that puts my SP3 to sleep...

Johnny365

Mine's the opposite. The screen always stays on and the screensaver doesn't even pop up even though I have it set at 1 minute. I have to make it a habit of pressing the power button when I leave for extended periods or else I'll come home with the screen at the desktop and no screensaver active.