What's new

sound issue when casting surface to smart tv

Scott christie

hi. i have a techwood smart tv and i'm having problems with the sound when I cast my surface wirelessly to it. when sound plays it makes a sort of monotone Crackle. A bit like static. This is a hit of an issue when l want to watch a film or listen to music. any suggestions?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You may be hearing amplification distortion. When casting to the television, turn the volume down on your Surface Pro 4, and up on your television.

OP
S

Scott christie

thanks for getting back to me but alas thats not the issue. its not a distortion, there is no sound apart from the issue sound. its really hard to explain the sound but the picture is fine. it sounds like a really rapid woodpecker hammering away on a tree. basically i dont think the sound is being projected for some reason. i just wondered if there was a setting on the sp4 to help with the sound. thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter? Trying to see if TV firmware is the issue.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Scott christie ,

Okay, now let's look at this:
While you are casting the video, open up "Playback devices" (Right-click speakers icon). Do you have more than one device playing simultaneously, or more than one device showing a level meter? Work with these settings.