What's new

SP 9 Static

berean

Hi No Forum for SP 9 (????). Already have 3 issues to resolve.

two maybe related:

1. Static: there is static (felt as a "hum" vibration but not heard behind display (ie on metal cover).
2. The Dock 2 gets very hot at the connection to device.

is it the SD card in the USB C slot? I noticed when I touch the SD thumb drive and the back cover at same time it seems to resolve,
This occurs for 2 different USB C SD Drives, so it seems to be a Surface issue NOT the USB thumb drive.

(I have changed the 8 connector on the power supply for the Dock 2 but it makes no difference)

(THese and ICONS not showing in WIN 11 taskbar are not impressive for a very expensive device. MS should really do better)

OP
B

berean

Hi No Forum for SP 9 (????). Already have 3 issues to resolve.

two maybe related:

1. Static: there is static (felt as a "hum" vibration but not heard behind display (ie on metal cover).
2. The Dock 2 gets very hot at the connection to device.

is it the SD card in the USB C slot? I noticed when I touch the SD thumb drive and the back cover at same time it seems to resolve,
This occurs for 2 different USB C SD Drives, so it seems to be a Surface issue NOT the USB thumb drive.

(I have changed the 8 connector on the power supply for the Dock 2 but it makes no difference)

(THese and ICONS not showing in WIN 11 taskbar are not impressive for a very expensive device. MS should really do better)
Query / reply to my post@ Noticed that placing hand between display support and display back (i.e in the V) stops the static) Think a piece of wire across would resolve this ?? £2000 piece of kit... really MS,,,, bit shoddy!)