What's new

SP2 and power cover.

I see Battery 1 and Battery 2. Which is the battery in the cover, and which is the battery in the SP2?
When I tap on the battery icon, it shows 1220 hr 50 min remaining. Does the "1220" mean 12 hours + 20 minutes? And the total time remaining is 12 hours + 20 minutes + 50 minutes?

Thanks,

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Power Cover keeps the Surface Battery at 100% until it is drained, at which point the Surface Battery kicks in, during charging the Surface Battery charges to 80% at which point the Power Cover charges to 80% then the Surface Battery charges to 100% and then the Power Cover will finish charging...

toaf

The Power Cover keeps the Surface Battery at 100% until it is drained, at which point the Surface Battery kicks in, during charging the Surface Battery charges to 80% at which point the Power Cover charges to 80% then the Surface Battery charges to 100% and then the Power Cover will finish charging...

not allways true. they have been doing wacked out things, ive seen power cover charge 100% and surface is at 23%.. i would say the only times i see the odd charging is when im gaming and its docked witht the power cover on. but non-docking station it does seem to allways fallow the above rules