What's new

SP2 camera won't start

TerryS

My surface is less than a month old and I haven't used the camera but it did work at one time. When I tap the Camera icon the screen goes dark but the 3 icons show at the right side. I tap them and nothing happens. I did go into Device Manager and it does not show a problem. I also enabled the lock screen camera button but that does not even take me to the camera screen like the Start Menu button does.

Everything else appears to work as it should. Is there something I can do to enable the camera?
TerryS

malberttoo

My surface is less than a month old and I haven't used the camera but it did work at one time. When I tap the Camera icon the screen goes dark but the 3 icons show at the right side. I tap them and nothing happens. I did go into Device Manager and it does not show a problem. I also enabled the lock screen camera button but that does not even take me to the camera screen like the Start Menu button does.

Everything else appears to work as it should. Is there something I can do to enable the camera?
TerryS

Ok I'm sorry if this offends you, but I'm just going to ask the blatantly obvious first... :D

Have you rebooted the machine since the problem started? Is there anything covering the camera?

And welcome to the forum!