What's new

SP2 not waking when opening touch cover

Dane

I wasn't aware until mentioned in another thread that the SP2 was supposed to awaken in its own when I flipped the touch cover open. Is anyone aware of what setting I may have changed to disable this?

Also, Ive heard the touch cover 2 has gestures, but I'm not sure what they are or where they can be configured.... any help on that would be appreciated as well.

polbit

I wasn't aware until mentioned in another thread that the SP2 was supposed to awaken in its own when I flipped the touch cover open. Is anyone aware of what setting I may have changed to disable this.

Unfortunately you can't wake up SP2 by opening the cover, as a Haswell architecture does not have that capability unlike ARM.

oion

Unfortunately you can't wake up SP2 by opening the cover, as a Haswell architecture does not have that capability unlike ARM.

Really? So you can set the lid-close to sleep in power settings but it doesn't assume wake also with lid? Bummer.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't aware until mentioned in another thread that the SP2 was supposed to awaken in its own when I flipped the touch cover open. Is anyone aware of what setting I may have changed to disable this?

Also, Ive heard the touch cover 2 has gestures, but I'm not sure what they are or where they can be configured.... any help on that would be appreciated as well.

Gestures:

Swiping right to left from the backspace key deletes an entire line, swiping in the middle acts like the arrow keys, the track pad has all normal gestures.