What's new

SP3 and Roku Screen Mirroring :)

Roozbeh

I've been using it with PTV3000 and it is perfect!I have watched several movies and there is no stuttering or anything at all!
moving the mouse you can feel latency, so it might be hard to use as second monitor. But playing video and etc. works great!

OP
raqball

raqball

I've been using it with PTV3000 and it is perfect!I have watched several movies and there is no stuttering or anything at all!
moving the mouse you can feel latency, so it might be hard to use as second monitor. But playing video and etc. works great!

Agree with this.. Video is smooth with zero issues.. Can't beat it since it's free if you have a Roku 3 :)

I'm having issues with the hdmi stick. Not sure what the issue is but sometimes the two devices won't connect and if it doesn't connect it's only briefly. And usually after this happens my WiFi has limited connection.

Any ideas?

OP
raqball

raqball

Sorry but I don't have any help to offer.. I've been using it for a few days now and have sent a lot of video from the SP3 to the Roku without issue. The video is clean and buffer free..

Maybe try removing the Roku from the SP3 device list and then add it back?

Hope someone has an answer for you..

ruinah

Videos are crisp and clean on the roku 3 but using it as a second monitor there is a bit of latency. I played with it the other night. I had some overscan too but my TV is an old plasma. Fun free feature though.

aphonic

I'm having issues with the hdmi stick. Not sure what the issue is but sometimes the two devices won't connect and if it doesn't connect it's only briefly. And usually after this happens my WiFi has limited connection.

Any ideas?
Did anyone ever find a resolution for this? I have a roku 3, my firs surface connected with no issue. It was a pile of crap. The second one which is also a pile of crap won't connect.

Overall I blame the surface as it's the worst machine I've ever owned but since I'm stuck with it I'd sure like to figure out one of the many many things wrong with it.

Sorry for the vent, it's just another in a very very long list of what's wrong with the surface pro 3

malberttoo

Did anyone ever find a resolution for this? I have a roku 3, my firs surface connected with no issue. It was a pile of crap. The second one which is also a pile of crap won't connect.

Overall I blame the surface as it's the worst machine I've ever owned but since I'm stuck with it I'd sure like to figure out one of the many many things wrong with it.

Sorry for the vent, it's just another in a very very long list of what's wrong with the surface pro 3

My very first SP3 had no WiFi, out of the box. The replacement has been almost perfect, and I think most members here also greatly enjoy theirs.

I highly encourage you to open a new thread and get some help with some of your issues! :cool: